Marple Sixth Form College is committed to supporting the learning of all students and strives to be an inclusive college. We therefore offer a comprehensive Learning Support programme.
What is Learning Support?
- Learning support is the additional support that a student may require if they are to learn effectively.
- Learning Support refers to a learning support programme that addresses an assessed, specific learning need.
- Learning Support is intended to help students cope with the demands of their chosen programme of study and demands of college life.
What are the aims of Learning Support?
- To make the learning demands of courses more explicit and to make learning skills development a conscious and integral part of course provision
- To help individual students to cope more effectively with the study skill demands of their courses.
- To improve student performance on course and in examinations by providing specialist support and arrangements that meet individual need.
- To enable all students to be included in the learning opportunities of the college.
- To share specialist strategies (including use of ILT) that are relevant to needs identified and enhance learning potential whilst promoting independent learning.
Trafford College Group Local Offer
Information about our Learning Support College Offer
- Learning Support
Click: Learning Support Information – School Offer 2020/21
Provision for students with learning difficulties and disabilities
Click: CHOICES – Information – School-Offer – 2020/21
- Stockport Local Authority Local Offer