Apprenticeship Business Levy - The Marple CollegeThe Marple College

YOUR GUIDE TO APPRENTICESHIPS

01-49-or-less-308px-x-308px
02-50-or-more-308px-x-308px
03-Salary-bill-308px-x-308px

Apprenticeships

Cheadle and Marple College has been successful in its application to the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP). Cheadle and Marple College is delighted to announce that its apprenticeship provision employer needs, it will be delivering a mixture of both Apprenticeship Frameworks and Standards.

Nationally, from 1 August 2018, all Apprenticeships are set within a funding band. These bands will allow individual employers to discuss their needs with us and for a negotiated funding rate to be agreed. This approach will ensure that employers receive the most cost-effective training solution to meet their business needs.

The changes to the way apprenticeships are funded provides an ideal opportunity to develop both your existing staff, including those with Degrees, and recruit new apprentices that will help to drive your business forward.

May 2017, saw many changes to apprenticeships, If your company’s pay bill is more than £3million, the company will pay an annual apprenticeship levy, your levy is 0.5% of your gross annual payroll, less a £15,000 allowance. The levy payments made by your company can be accessed via a digital account which is available now.

49 or less employees and a salary bill of less than £3 million

04-Benefit-308px-x-308px

If your company’s pay bill is less than £3million you will not make any contribution to the cost of training if the apprentice is aged between 16-18 or 19-24 and is a care leaver or has an Education and Health Care plan.

If your apprentice is 16-18 then you will receive a £1,000 incentive.

If the apprentice is aged 19 and over and is not a care leaver and doesn’t have an Education and Health Care plan, the Government will still contribute 90% of your apprenticeship training costs.

05-Access---308px-x-308px

The size of the contribution varies depending on the apprenticeship undertaken. If you are a non-Levy payer and you employ less than 50 people 100% of the cost of apprenticeship training will be funded if the apprentice is aged 16–18 years old. If the apprentice is over 19 then you will pay 10% of the costs.

If your apprentice is 16-18 then you will receive a £1,000 incentive.

Non-levy paying employers will share the cost of training and assessing their apprentices with government – this is called ‘co-investment’.

You will pay 10% towards to the cost of apprenticeship training and government will pay the rest (90%), up to the funding band maximum

06-Receive-Cash-Marple-308px-x-308px

The changes to the way apprenticeships are funded provides an ideal opportunity to develop both your existing staff, including those with Degrees, and recruit new apprentices that will help to drive your business forward.

 

The new Apprenticeship Standards have been designed by employers for employers and provides greater flexibility in terms of choosing qualifications which best meet the needs of the business. To see Cheadle and Marple College’s full range of Apprenticeship qualifications, click here.

07-Discover-308px-x-308px

Developing your staff through apprenticeships is an ideal way to maximise your business return.

Employers with a salary bill of less than £3 million

08-90-per-cent--308px-x-308px

If you employ 50 or more employees and your company’s pay bill is less than £3 million, the Government will contribute 90% towards your training costs. The remaining 10% is paid by your company across an agreed training period.

 

If the apprentice is aged 19 years and over the Government will contribute 90% of your apprenticeship training costs.

09--Funding---308px-x-308px

The new Apprenticeship Standards are now available and have been designed by employers for employers with over 300 ready for delivery, they provide greater flexibility which best meet the needs of your business. To see the College’s full range of Apprenticeship qualifications.

10-Cash-Benefits-Marple-308px-x-308px

If you recruit an apprentice who is aged between 16-18 or 19-24 and is a care leaver or has an Education and Health Care plan, you will be eligible for an additional £1000 Government payment. In addition, any apprentice under the age of 25 will not be subject to National Insurance contributions.

11-Discover-V2-308px-x-308px

Developing your staff through apprenticeships is an ideal way to maximise your business return. Discover how Cheadle and Marple College can support your training needs, with our experienced staff available to help, why not give us a call in to see what we can do for your company?

A salary bill of more than £3 million

12-0.5-per-cent-308px-x-308px

If your company’s pay bill is more than £3million, the company will pay an annual apprenticeship levy, your levy is 0.5% of your gross annual payroll, less a £15,000 allowance.
The levy payments made by your company can be accessed via a digital account.

13-Dev-existing-308px-x-308px

The funds within the account can only be used to fund apprenticeships. These funds expire after 24 months unless then are spent on apprenticeship training. Your company will also benefit from having their digital accounts topped up by 10% each month by the Government.

These changes mean that your company has greater control over how much it pays a training provider for delivering apprenticeship programmes and the type of qualification it wishes to receive.

14-Discover-How-Marple-308px-x-308px

As an employer, you will have the opportunity to negotiate a price with the training provider. The price will be based on a range of factors including the type of training required, how much support the apprentice will need and the cost of external assessment.

If you choose to recruit an apprentice who is aged between 16-18 or 19-24 and is a care leaver or has an Education and Health Care plan, you will receive an additional £1000 Government payment. In addition, any apprentice under the age of 25 will not be subject to National Insurance contributions.

Transfer of Levy funds

Transferring some of your levy pot are being introduced to give levy-paying employers more flexibility in how they spend their apprenticeship service funds and will help larger employers to support smaller employers in taking on apprentices.
For the first phase, employers can transfer up to 10% of their annual funds to one other employer to pay for apprenticeships.

 

Levy-paying employers who use the apprenticeship service can now see their transfer allowance in their account.

Develop your staff

They will be able to make a transfer to one other organisation from May 2018 the receiving organisation will be able to start adding apprentices from May 2018. The apprenticeships will need to be approved by the sending employer before payments are made. Let us help you by starting to plan your businesses’ strategy for apprenticeships. We have an experienced Employer Engagement Advisor available to help you maximise your apprenticeship levy.

Apprenticeship-Computer-Photo-400px-x-800px

Whether you’re new to apprenticeships or already delivering them, our team of experts can work with you to:

Help you understand what the apprenticeship levy means for your business
Develop an apprenticeship strategy to ensure your business maximises its return on the levy investment.

Help you understand the new apprenticeship standards and how your existing work force development plans could benefit.

Recruit and select apprentices and develop career pathways.

Help you identify apprenticeship progression routes for existing employees.

Create a communications strategy, for example learning at work days, to drive apprenticeships forward in your organisation.

We support employers and apprentices to create a service which combines support, training and valuable transferable employment skills. We can guide you through the new process to help your business maximise the benefits of the levy.

 

For further information on the apprenticeship and how we can support you please call Cheadle and Marple College

 

0161 486 4664

 

or e-mail

 

apprenticeships@cmcnet.ac.uk

Apprenticeship Standards and Frameworks

Supporting you and your business

Apprenticeship-Accountant-Photo-400px-x-800px

Apprenticeships are Innovative, Apprenticeship Standards, have been introduced as a government initiative to enhance apprenticeships to meet the needs of employers and the economy.

 

Apprenticeship standards are developed by employer-led groups and are aligned to specific job roles in many industries, ensuring the apprentices we place in your company are skilled in the most up-to-date techniques and technologies that the industry demands.

 

Included within the new standards is an outline of what the apprentice will be doing during their time with the company, and the skills required of them to succeed.

 

For employers, this means a greater return on any initial investment, both financially and economically.

Apprenticeships Available

Apprenticeships with Cheadle and Marple College

Our apprenticeships are suitable for new apprentices or for providing further training to existing employees of any age who are working 30 or more hours a week.

 

New apprentices are trained specifically for their job role and industry making their nationally recognised qualifications relevant and effective.

 

Apprentices bring fresh ideas and innovation to your business.

 

Training is flexible, primarily delivered within the workplace with minimal.

 

Apprentices bring fresh ideas and innovation to your business. Training is flexible, primarily delivered within the workplace with minimal disruption to your business, starting throughout the year to suit you. To see our full list of current apprenticeships please click here.