Sport BTEC Level 2 First Certificate
BTEC Level 2 First Certificate
This Level 2 BTEC qualification is a one year course equivalent to a GCSE. The course will provide you with a range of opportunities to sample a wide range of specialist areas, practically as well as theoretically. This will help you progress onto a Level 3 course in Sport or another subject. Alternatively, you will be well prepared to go straight into employment or gain a place on an apprenticeship.
During the year, you will be externally assessed in Anatomy & Physiology and Fitness for Sport units by an online examination. The other units will be coursework based and include practical team & individual sports, training for personal fitness, injury & the sports performer and running & leading sports events. You will need to be able to demonstrate competitive ability in two sports so playing for a team or taking part in sport outside of college is an advantage.
- Level 3 BTEC
- Sports Coaching
- Leisure Centre attendant
- Fitness Instructor
- Customer Service based roles
More than just a course
Each project starts from a real-life scenario/brief which gives the students real insight into what it is like to work in the sport industry. One project gives students the unique opportunity to plan and run a sporting event, either with college students or at a local Primary school. Different assignments will use different assessment techniques – some of them on practical sporting ability others by video presentations. .
- Opportunity to play a variety of sports.
- Tutors who have industry experience across a range of specialisms.
- Opportunity to plan & organise your own sporting event.
- Opportunity to take part in industry related work placement.
- Take part in a basic first aid course
- A supportive pastoral care system to ensure all achieve to their full potential.
- Learning Support available to help learners improve their basic skills essential for development.
A minimum of at least 5 GCSEs grade 4-9 including English or Maths.
A minimum of at least 4 grade 3 GCSEs: subject grades including English language and, maths.
“I enjoyed the course because the lessons were made to be fun. I found learning in High School difficult but the different learning styles used here made it seem easier. I’m now doing Level 3 Sport.”