ICT: BTEC Cert / Ext Cert
BTEC Certificate/Extended Certificate (One - A level)
Information Technology (IT) involves the uses of computers in industry, commerce, the arts and elsewhere. IT includes aspects of IT systems architecture, human factors, project management and the general ability to use computers. Increasingly businesses are implementing IT strategies to manage and process data both to support many business processes and to deliver new opportunities.
The qualification covers both theory in relation to IT and its place in society and practical elements for IT in industry. Assessment is through a combination of external examination, controlled assessment and coursework.
- IT Project Manager
- Social Media marketing
- Web Development
- IT support Technician
- IT trainer / teacher
- Forensic computer analyst
- Computer Network Professionals
BTEC awards are recognised by university as part of your UCAS application and are widely respected qualifications for Apprenticeships and Industry.
More than just a course
IT is a high growth area of the service sector, estimated in the Technology Insights 2012 report to contribute to 8 per cent (£75 billion) of the UK economy GVA (gross value added) and predicted to generate an additional £47 billion over the next 7 years. There are generally recognised skills gaps in the IT sector.
Follows us @ICTMarpleSFC
- All our resources are available online through the college VLE
- Combination of controlled assessment, coursework and examination
- Access to Office 365 and OneDrive with Office 2016 free to download
- All lessons will take in place in the ICT computer rooms.
- 1:1 support available outside of timetabled lessons
- ICT links to the world of world and the use of IT in today’s working environment
- Unit 3 – Using Social Media in Business – Plan, implement and evaluate a social media strategy. This is an assessed piece of coursework.
- Unit 2 – Creating Systems to Manage Information – Design, develop and test a relational database system – external marked 10 hour controlled assessment task.
Extended Certificate Units above plus: –
- Unit 1 – Information Technology Systems Explore the relationships between the hardware and software that form an IT system, and the way that systems work individually and together. External examination (2 hours).
- Unit 6 – Website development – Be able to design, develop, test and evaluate a website –This is an assessed piece of coursework.
Level 3 – A minimum of 5 9 – 5 GCSE: subject grades including English language and maths at grade 4.